OvuGel® is a GnRH agonist given to sows intravaginally. OvuGel® stimulates the release of LH, inducing ovulation 40-48 hours post-treatment. It facilitates single dose fixed-time insemination without estrus detection in weaned sows, resulting in normal fertility.
- No estrus detection is required to determine insemination time.
- The OvuGel® program potentially allows producers to utilize labor more efficiently.
- Pigs per semen dose are increased, leveraging high value genetics.
- The OvuGel® treatment is needle-free using a vaginally dosed gel delivery system.
- It is important to use only high quality semen with adequate motile sperm in each dose. Proper storage and handling of fresh semen should be maintained.